Stephen Ministry multiplies our Christian caregiving and outreach…
Our Stephen Ministers work together with our pastor(s) to reach more people with Christian care than pastors can reach by themselves.
People who receive care from a Stephen Minister….
- receive quality Christian care,
- deepen their relationship with their Lord,
- grow in their desire to participate in Christian community,
- come to value ministry from another lay person while continuing contact with the pastor.
Stephen Ministry enhances our outreach by…
- creating a “caring ministry explosion” where many, instead of a few, are offering God’s love and care in intentional, systematic ways.
- enabling our entire congregation to grow as a warm, loving, nurturing community where people are cherished and cared for in Jesus Christ.
- identifying our congregation to our community as a place where people’s needs are taken seriously.
Stephen Ministry Meets The Needs of People…
There are times when each of us needs the care of another person, a Christian friend, a Stephen Minister! These needs include but are not limited to…
- the hospitalized
- the terminally ill and their families
- people who move into or out of our parish community
- those grieving a death or serious loss
- the homebound and institutionalized
- prisoners, ex-offenders and their families
- those with a job crisis
- the aging and elderly
- those with disabilities and their families
- those needing the support of a Christian friend
- those facing life transitions
- the separated or divorced
- households experiencing birth or adoption
- those in spiritual crisis
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry: Those receiving care can be sure that their identity and what goes on in the caring relationship will remain private.
“Encourage one another and build one another up.” I Thessalonians 5:11