Coronavirus Response at GA
Here at Guardian Angels Parish:
- Our church is open for prayer from 7:30am-2:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Adoration will take place from 3:00-8:00pm Thursday
- Confessions will continue as scheduled on Saturdays from 3:00-4:00pm
The parish office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am-3:00pm. The office will be closed on Saturdays.
If you have questions or concerns about Guardian Angels School, you can email Corey Stoops .
Public Worship Resumes
We at Guardian Angels Parish have put together a plan for our parish family but want to make sure that our parishioners know that this plan needs to be flexible. There may be additional changes that need to be made in the coming weeks. We also want to reiterate that this is a not a return to normal.
Below is a list of Masses currently provided here at Guardian Angels Parish.
- Daily Mass, Monday through Friday at 7:30am & Saturday at 8:00am
- Weekend Masses: Saturday, 5:00pm & Sunday, 8:00am & 10:00am
- We will continue to stream our 10:00am Mass on Sundays on Facebook page and YouTube channel.
We are not permanently eliminating the noon Mass. The number of Masses may be revised depending on the attendance that we see in the coming weeks.
Below is a list of guidelines and safety precautions we are taking:
- Water is removed from baptismal and holy water fonts.
- The gifts of bread and wine are kept from public areas, brought directly from the credence table to the altar.
- No physical contact at the Our Father or Sign of Peace.
- Discreet use of hand sanitizer by ministers of Holy Communion.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all of the entrances into the church.
- No Holy Communion from the chalice by the faithful.
- Holy Communion on the tongue is strongly discouraged.
- Vessels are cleansed after each Mass with hot, soapy water.
- Eucharistic Ministers and Ushers will be required to wear their own personal masks.
- Masks are strongly recommended for anyone coming into church for Mass. These should be personal masks brought from home.
- If you wear gloves from home, please remove gloves from your hands before receiving Eucharist.
- Please extend your arms when receiving Holy Communion, to place distance between you and the Eucharistic Minister.
- Hymnals and missalettes will be removed from the pews; printed worship aids will be provided and disposed of after each use.
- The church and common areas used to enter and exit the building are sanitized regularly. The hydrostatic chlorine sanitizer our maintenance crew uses is effective for 21 days.
- Some pews will be marked off to help maintain social distancing.
- We are fortunate to have a large church. The expectation is that those who attend Mass will distance themselves from other parishioners in attendance, in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- Please do not congregate on church grounds before or after Mass; this includes, but is not limited to, the Gathering Space and parking lot.
Per the Archdiocese, the Catholic faithful who reside in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and all other Catholics in the archdiocese continue to be dispensed from the obligation of attending Sunday Mass. Those who are at risk or fearful that they or their family might become sick are encouraged to stay home and join the Church by viewing live-streamed Masses.
Please allow yourself a few extra minutes to get to Mass, as we know some of these accommodations will slow the process of getting into Church.