Coronavirus Response at GA
The Catholic Bishops of Ohio have decided to suspend all publicly celebrated Masses through May 24th.
You can read our plans to resume public Masses at Guardian Angels below.
During the suspension and until further notice, Guardian Angels Parish is streaming our Sunday 10:00am Mass on our Facebook page and YouTube channel.
The Archdiocese of Cincinnati will broadcast a private (close-door) Mass each day from the Cathedral of St. Peter in Chains. These Masses will be live-streamed online on the Archdiocese's website as well on the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Facebook page. Daily Masses will be celebrated at 8:00am Monday through Saturday and Sunday Mass will be celebrated at 11:00am.
Here at Guardian Angels Parish:
- Our church will be open for prayer from 7:30am-2:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Adoration will take place from 5:00-8:00pm Thursday
- Confessions will continue as scheduled on Saturdays from 3:00-4:00pm
The parish office will remain open Monday through Friday from 8:30am-3:00pm. The office will be closed on Saturdays.
If you have questions or concerns about Guardian Angels School, you can email Corey Stoops .
Public worship will begin on May 25th
We at Guardian Angels Parish have put together a plan for our parish family but want to make sure that our parishioners know that this plan needs to be flexible. There may be additional changes that need to be made in the coming weeks. We also want to reiterate that this is a not a return to normal. Things will look different when you return to church.
Below is a list of Masses that will be provided here at Guardian Angels Parish.
- Daily Mass, Monday through Friday at 7:30am & Saturday at 8:00am
- Weekend Masses: Saturday, 5:00pm & Sunday, 8:00am & 10:00am
- We will continue to stream our 10:00am Mass on Sundays on YouTube and Facebook. This Mass is recorded and can be viewed at a later time if preferred.
We are not permanently eliminating the noon Mass. The number of Masses may be revised depending on the attendance that we see in the coming weeks.
Below is a list of guidelines and safety precautions we are taking:
- Water is removed from baptismal and holy water fonts.
- The gifts of bread and wine are kept from public areas, brought directly from the credence table to the altar.
- No physical contact at the Our Father or Sign of Peace.
- Discreet use of hand sanitizer by ministers of Holy Communion.
- No Holy Communion from the chalice by the faithful.
- No Holy Communion on the tongue.
- Vessels are cleansed after each Mass with hot, soapy water.
- Eucharistic Ministers and Ushers will be required to wear their own personal masks.
- Masks are strongly recommended for anyone coming into church for Mass. These should be personal masks brought from home.
- If you wear gloves from home, please remove gloves from your hands before receiving Eucharist.
- Hymnals and missalettes will be removed from the pews; printed worship aids will be provided and disposed of after each use.
- The church and common areas used to enter and exit the building are sanitized regularly.
- We are fortunate to have a large church. The expectation is that those who attend Mass will distance themselves from other parishioners in attendance, in accordance with CDC recommendations.
Per the Archdiocese, the Catholic faithful who reside in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and all other Catholics in the archdiocese continue to be dispensed from the obligation of attending Sunday Mass. Those who are at risk or fearful that they or their family might become sick are encouraged to stay home and join the Church by viewing live-streamed Masses.